[Buildroot] systemd

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Nov 23 07:49:00 UTC 2011

On Monday 21 November 2011 10:34:32 Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18/11/2011 21:02, Belisko Marek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when looking for ELCE 2011 videos one video was very
> > interesting:http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/kooi
> > There is a lot of discussion about decreasing boot time for embedded
> > systems and systemd seems not yet included in buildroot (OE have it
> > also angstrom).
> >
> > Is there anybody who working on this or can I start integration to buildroot?
>
> After attending this exact talk, I've begun to work on some integration
> of systemd in Buildroot.
>
> This has been stalled lately because I didn't have time to improve my
> initial implementation, but basically, I have for now :
>   - Made the systemd package
>   - Added new package variables to define both Sys-V and systemd-format
> init scripts
>   - Added the needed logic so that you can only select one of the init
> systems available in Buildroot (sysvinit, Busybox, systemd)
>   - Migrated the existing packages to use the mentionned variables.
>
> I still have some issues that I need to address, that explains why I
> haven't yet posted the patches :
>   - I have a bug that adds the sysv init scripts to the target even if
> it shouldn't
>   - I have not tested it "live" yet

 If you post the patches already as an RFC, perhaps you will get some
comments that help you overcome these issues... Especially with a user
that is willing to test them.

 Marek, if you test the eventual patches (and they work), can you give
them your Tested-by: tag?

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540