[Buildroot] Adding Microblaze support to Buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 22 08:58:09 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:52:24 +0100,
Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de> a écrit :

> is there an interest in adding the Microblaze architecture to
> buildroot?

Definitely, yes.

> And, if it is, would it be acceptable to rely on toolchain and/or
> bootloader coming from the board vendor or Xilinx, at least for some
> time?

Yes. It is possible to use the external toolchain mechanism. For
example, the Blackfin support relies on an external toolchain provided
by ADI, I'm not sure the internal Buildroot code to build a toolchain
works for Blackfin. So doing the same for Microblaze seems reasonable.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons