[Buildroot] Future...TOOLCHAIN builds..

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue Nov 8 23:46:58 UTC 2011

Thomas, Noel, All,

On Monday 07 November 2011 16:35:57 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Le Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:07:35 +0100,
> "Vellemans, Noel" <Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com> a écrit :
> > 2) Another question that pops-up when building a CROSSTOOL-NG toolchain,
> > is that I'm not able to select a toolchain with ARM-VECTOR-floating
> > point support is this correct?
>
> In Target Options -> Floating Point, you can choose between hardware
> floating point and software floating point.

This is in the ctng-menuconfig.

This will probably be a FAQ at some point, when people notice that all the
nice target options they were used to finf in buildroot's menuconfig will
disapear when the crosstool-NG backend is used.
We'll have to prominently point to 'make ctng-menuconfig' in the doc.

> And I'm sure than Yann, crosstool-NG's
> maintainer, is definitely interested by patches improving things in
> that area.

Yes, definitely. This all happens there:
  home: http://crosstool-ng.org/
  ML  : http://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/

> Buildroot has never supported officially Cygwin, and nobody tests this.
> I think crosstool-NG has better support for this, but Yann might
> comment on this.

Yes, indeed. There have been many reports of sucess.
Although Cygwin is not an official host in my point of view, as I can't test,
I try not to break it. If it happens, and someone sends a tested patch (or I
can trivially deduce how to fix it myself), I'm happy to apply Cugwin-related
patches to the tree. ;-)

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.