[Buildroot] include the Xenomai in kernel linux

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 28 12:39:33 UTC 2011

Le Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:24:42 +0000,
Adriano Campos <adrianoribeirocampos at gmail.com> a écrit :

>  In the 2011-08 version of buildroot works correctly using the configuration
> file "buildroot-2011-08 \ config \ qemu_arm_versatile_defconfig" supplied
> with the buildroot. However I need to apply the patch and Xenomai is not
> possible in this version so I'm now using the buildroot version 2011-11-rc3,
> but is not working.

"is not working" is not precise enough to help you. Could you provide
some details ?

> With the same configuration file, the generated image does not run under
> QEMU. Can you help?

I'm not sure you realize that Xenomai is a patch against the kernel and
that this patch is therefore only available for *certain* kernel
versions. The kernel version used in qemu_arm_versatile_defconfig has
no Xenomai patch available. If you want to use Xenomai, you *have* to
use a kernel version that is explicitly supported by Xenomai, and the
version supported by Xenomai depend on the architecture.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons