[Buildroot] MySQL Server Package, help needed

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:59:18 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Andrea Benini <andreabenini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I've used buildroot and uclibc for a while and I'm now stucked with a
> package I'd like to build.
> Target Architecture: i386, variant: i686. Buildroot 2011.08 stable
> I'd like to add MySQL to the package list, I'd like to have a MySQL daemon
> installed (mysqld), not just the client interface.
> MySQL Server is not yet supported due to cross compiling issues I suppose.
> I was wondering if someone else has a ready made package for MySQL, I've
> tried several solutions grabbed all around after a lot of google searches
> (from: Voltz, Zuerker, fork on googlecode, and few tips taken from Oracle)
> but I'm still stuck here due to different compiling issues. I've tried to
> build my own package as well but MySQL seems to be tricky to handle in a
> toolchain. So I'm still stuck at the starting point.
> Is there someone else that has already maded it with 2011.08 buildroot ? may
> I see package files for it ?

I didn't attempt to build MySQL with Buildroot.
But, I suggest you describe the problems you experience in more
detail, then maybe someone on the list can help.

Btw, have you seen this:
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Linux_Cross_Compilation

(not sure if it will fix your problems though, we'd need more details.)