[Buildroot] [git commit] gdb: fix kconfig dependency handling with !BR_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Nov 24 14:24:58 UTC 2011

 Thomas> I don't get why two different options are needed here. Could you expand
 Thomas> a bit on that ?

 >> +config BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS_DEBUG_IF_NEEDED
 >> +	default y if !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS
 >> +	bool
 >> +

 Thomas> I also don't get this "default y if !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS". Could
 Thomas> you give some details ?

I tried to do so in the commit message - But I'll give it another try.

We need 2 things:

- An option to test in helper.mk when we use external uClibc based
  toolchains

- Something to ensure you cannot enable the effected GDB versions with
  incompatible toolchains

Those two things are not the same (E.G. if you don't have threads
support then you can use the new GDB versions without thread
debugging). The 2nd (_IF_NEEDED) option is not strictly needed, you
could also just write out the complicated logic for each GDB 7.x
version, but that's kind of ugly and I had some problems getting kconfig
to handle it, so I added the helper option instead.

I hope this helps, otherwise just ask.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard