[Buildroot] [git commit] busybox: only install S01logging if syslogd applet is enabled

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Nov 23 15:05:22 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Maxime" == Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com> writes:

 Maxime> Hi Peter,

 Maxime> Looking at the init scripts installation stuff, I found this,
 Maxime> which is confusing to me.

 Maxime> There seems to be a glitch here.

Ahh yes.

 Maxime> While it shouldn't happen in the common use-case, because of
 Maxime> the dependency we set on busybox in all the logger packages, if
 Maxime> the user put his init script for another logger in the
 Maxime> skeleton, it will always remove it, and install the default
 Maxime> one.

 Maxime> Maybe the common name was not such a good idea, and that we
 Maxime> should have a distinct name for each init scripts. Or we revert
 Maxime> this commit. I don't know.

For 2011.11 I would suggest we just remove the 2nd part (E.G. removal of
init script if syslog daemon isn't enabled) - The first part is needed
to support custom S01logging scripts with busybox (E.G. I have projects
where we log to shared memory instead of files, so you need -S option to
syslogd).

Once 2011.11 is out, then we should probably rename the files to work
around this.

I'll fix - Thanks for bringing it out.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard