[Buildroot] equivalent of a 'make modules'

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 22 22:04:29 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:51:53 -0600,
"Jeff Krasky" <jeff.krasky at dspcg.com> a écrit :

> I am working with another program that builds itself against the
> kernel.  I am using BuildRoot for making the kernel and filesystem.
> It is believed that the next step would be to do something like a
> "make modules" command so that the kernel and filesystem can be
> rebuilt with this other program's information in it.

Can you expand on what this program is ?

With your information, it's a bit hard to understand what you're trying
to achieve, and therefore to give you possible solutions.

> In Buildroot, where I normally do the 'make' command, I tried 'make
> modules' and got this message:

'modules' is a target of the Linux build system. Buildroot has
different targets, because Buildroot does a different job than the
Linux build system.

We really need more information about what your program is, how it
relates to the kernel build process, etc.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons