[Buildroot] Report from the Buildroot Developer Day

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Nov 20 09:58:32 UTC 2011

 Thomas> Le Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:51:22 +0000,
 Thomas> Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> a écrit :

 >> I consider clean-staging less important than clean-target.  Having
 >> things lingering around in staging is usually not a problem, except
 >> for the presence of some header or .pc of a library that is no longer
 >> present.  Normally buildroot should disable old that in the configure
 >> step, but of course you can never be sure.

 Thomas> Well, I don't think we can assume that this is true. When a package
 Thomas> version is bumped, nobody checks carefully that no new config options
 Thomas> had been added for optional dependencies on libraries. So I'm pretty
 Thomas> sure that there are many, many packages in Buildroot that don't do
 Thomas> --disable-<foo> when the library is not available.

And upstream configure scripts that don't provide any --disable-foo
arguments.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard