[Buildroot] RFC: package patching

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Nov 15 08:45:11 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Thomas> I think we should try and improve this.

 Thomas> A first approach could be to simply remove support for
 Thomas> foo-1.2.3-something.patch, and require version-specific patches to be
 Thomas> in a versioned subdirectory, package/foo/foo-1.2.3. For this, we
 Thomas> should remove line 02-04. In this case, common patches are applied
 Thomas> first, followed by versioned patches in subdirectories.

Yes, I know - We hit this with E.G. busybox in the past. I would go for
the versioned-patches-in-subdir, as we (luckily) only support multiple
versions for a limited number of packages.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard