[Buildroot] Cygwin build - MPC

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Wed Nov 9 08:39:34 UTC 2011

Noel, Thomas,

On Wednesday 09 November 2011 092638 Vellemans, Noel wrote:
> While testing the current git-tree under Linux and cygwin, I have run
> into the following build-problem.
>
> Host-mpc fails to build on a windows host (on Cygwin).
[--SNIP--]
> And of course once found... I very quickly ended up with 'googeling' for
> the same problem and yes... there was indeed someone that also has
> discovered this...
>
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/mpc-discuss/attachments/20110430/
> 9b6dfa4b/attachment.obj
>
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/mpc-discuss/2011-April/000898.htm

Ah, I see why I don't get this in crosstool-NG. That's because the companion
libraries (GMP, MPFR, MPC and the likes) are build statically. So, we do
not have that issue in crosstool-NG.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |