[Buildroot] QT support for Buildroot RFS.

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 7 10:17:49 UTC 2011

Le Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:11:15 +0000,
Mahanteshwari Hiremath <Mahanteshwari.Hiremath at lnties.com> a écrit :

> Cross compiling is not a problem, I can able to do it. But I want to
> compile my program directly on target device using qmake, I want to
> have qmake support on my target. So only I wanted some suggestions in
> executing this.

This is not supported in the current Buildroot, which does not build
qmake for the target. Buildroot is designed for cross-compilation, i.e
the situation where your target is rather slow compared to your
development PC, and therefore cases for which native compilation is not
possible or really too painful. We have some support to have a native
toolchain on the target (so you can build standard C or C++ programs on
the target), but we don't support that for Qt.

If you want, you can work on extending the Qt .mk file to also generate
a qmake for the target, but I think it's going to be very complicated
for a benefit that isn't really obvious to me.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons