[Buildroot] Add Package: htop

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Mon Mar 28 17:21:57 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Andy Kennedy wrote:
> > Adds package htop.  Changes made based upon e-mails with Mike
> Frysinger
> > and Gerhard Heift.  The autoreconf change is important for anyone
> using
> > uClibc as there is no widely available backtrace (yet).
>
> this ver looks mostly sane ...
>
> > ++AC_CHECK_HEADERS([execinfo.h],[:],[:])
>
> no need for munging the other branches
>   AC_CHECK_HEADERS([execinfo.h])
>
> > ++if test "$cross_compiling" = "no"; then
> > + AC_CHECK_FILE($PROCDIR/stat,,AC_MSG_ERROR(Cannot find
> /proc/stat. Make sure you have a Linux-compatible /proc filesystem
> mounted. See the file README for help.))
> > + AC_CHECK_FILE($PROCDIR/meminfo,,AC_MSG_ERROR(Cannot find
> /proc/meminfo. Make sure you have a Linux-compatible /proc
> filesystem mounted. See the file README for help.))
> > ++fi
>
> AC_CHECK_FILE has fallback cases for cross-compiling i thought, so
> you
> shouldnt need to check cross_compiling yourself

The error was really strange.  I submitted this patch to htop and
they tested, modified and included it as a fix.  The problem was that
when one is cross compiling, the test for /proc fails since the build
is a cross build -- there were enough smarts to not test when cross
building, however, the return value was a failure for the /proc
tests.  This _should_ not occur so we skip the whole test.

This patch was derived by getting the current branch via svn and
running a diff against configure.ac.

> -mike

Andy