[Buildroot] source-check shouldn't depend on allyesconfig

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:04:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

Currently, the source-check target is implemented as follows:

# check if download URLs are outdated
source-check: allyesconfig
        $(MAKE) $(EXTRAMAKEARGS) _source-check

As a result of the allyesconfig dependency, executing this target will
override your .config file. For everyone, except the core buildroot
developers, this behavior is undesirable. Running this command, I had
expected that it would only check the packages that are actually
configured, so based on the current config.

If the allyesconfig dependency is removed, then core buildroot
developers can first do a manual 'make allyesconfig' before running
'make source-check', and everybody will be happy. Or we could
implement a second target, like 'all-source-check' or
'source-check-all' that implements the current behavior.

Any comments?

Thanks,