[Buildroot] Python: can't resolve symbol

bruce bushby bruce.bushby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:20:56 UTC 2011

"..Reply to the list..."  Oops will make sure I reply all.

I think I've managed to replicate my issue, I've tested
two comparative builds which have a single difference:
(env)[veritrack at vdev01 images]$ diff buildroot-with-python-readline.config
buildroot-without-python-readline.config
4c4
< # Tue Mar  8 14:26:17 2011
---
> # Tue Mar  8 14:22:43 2011
445c445
< BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_READLINE=y
---
> # BR2_PACKAGE_PYTHON_READLINE is not set
568c568
< BR2_PACKAGE_READLINE=y
---
> # BR2_PACKAGE_READLINE is not set
(env)[veritrack at vdev01 images]$

I ran the build on both (Fedora 12) and (Ubuntu natty 11.04) and the results
are the same, when I select the Python "readline" module I get symbol errors
when launching a python shell. The symbol errors don't appear to cause any
issues ....yet.

I've up laoded my config files and make logs if anybody else wants to try
and replicate the issue:
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_without_python_readline.config.txt
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_without_python_readline.makelog.txt
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_without_python_readline.rootfs.tar.bz2
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_with_python_readline.config.txt
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_with_python_readline.makelog.txt
http://veritrack.co.uk/static/images/buildroot_with_python_readline.rootfs.tar.bz2

If you're using "make menuconfig" ...it's:  <packages....> <Interpreter....>
<Python modules><readline>

Thanks
Bruce