[Buildroot] Crosstool-ng buildroot installing old version tools

Vasanth Ragavendran ragavendra.2007 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 06:14:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've another doubt. I'm using crosstool-ng since I need glibc for my build.
I completely ran and installed crosstool-ng, kernel, filesystem and some
packages. if i do a make again after this completes then it just generates
the root file system and kernel. but if i need to another package i do a
make menuconfig and after selecting the required additional package if i do
a make it starts from beginning and installs crosstool-ng again! Why is this
happening and how to stop crosstool-ng from installing again everytime a new
another package is added or some change is made using make menuconfig but
the crosstool-ng is untouched. Plz help!