[Buildroot] ccache directory

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 20 16:19:55 UTC 2011

Le Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:42:52 +0200,
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> a écrit :

> A while ago, there were some changes in the ccache handling, with
> which the cache location also changed to $(HOME)/.buildroot-ccache.
> Before that, the cache directory was configurable in .config. What is
> the reason of changing the cache location?

Simplifying the ccache support, mainly.

> In my (corporate) environment, the home directories are actually on
> the network (NFS) which is not ideal for performance. I would like to
> configure another cache directory.
>
> Would you accept a patch that re-introduces BR2_CCACHE_DIR ?

I guess your use case is valid, so I would personally accept such a
patch. I don't like cluttering the "Build options" menu with too many
options, but I guess this option is a valid thing to have when ccache
support is enabled.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons