[Buildroot] ARM OABI build broken with current buildroot tip

David J. Fiddes D.J at fiddes.net
Mon Jul 18 19:35:58 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

> The problem is NPTL threading support. A quick look in
> libpthread/nptl/sysdeps/arm shows a number of EABI references. It seems
> like NPTL on ARM is only supported with EABI.

Ah. That's a bit of a show stopper.

> May I ask why you want to use a new C library / NPTL together with the
> obsolete OABI?

I have a very large multi-threaded C++ app and a custom embedded Linux
platform that have historically been developed at different times. The
SW is now over 10 years old and I fear change so just stuck to the ABI
that has always worked...

Probably time to bite the bullet and move our kernel to EABI for our
next major release.

thanks,

Dave