[Buildroot] /tmp puzzle

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jul 12 07:10:33 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> writes:

 Charles> Dear andy:
 Charles> Thank you. That confirms my experiments. I have gotten sem_open() to
 Charles> work and the key is that there *must* be a either a /dev/shm or a
 Charles> "tmpfs" accessible via /proc/mounts.

 Charles> I ended up disabling CONFIG_DEVTMPFS as after looking at all the
 Charles> mpc83x_defconfig's in the kernels from 2.6.32 through 2.6.39, they all
 Charles> have CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=n.

Which is probably purely historical. Devtmpfs is relatively new, but I'm
a very good match for the kind of systems we're targetting with
buildroot.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard