[Buildroot] Problem building avahi

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jan 6 13:19:47 UTC 2011

 Thomas> Ok, good. At least this has exhibited an interesting bug of
 Thomas> Buildroot that we'll have to fix.

 >> Yeah.

 Thomas> Something like "grep -v" the lines that have already been changed to
 Thomas> start with $(STAGING_DIR)/usr ?

We could simply skip lines that already contain STAGING_DIR/usr - E.G.

$(SED) -e '/$(subst /,\/,$(STAGING_DIR)/usr)/b' -e "s:\(['= ]\)/usr:..

 >> For such a special situation, I would prefer to we tell users to do it
 >> with BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT instead.

 Thomas> On x86, it's fairly usual to have the kernel inside the root
 Thomas> filesystem, and embedded x86 systems are quite common. So this
 Thomas> feature could be seen as sufficiently useful to be integrated
 Thomas> into BR.

But u-boot on x86 isn't common, right?

 Thomas> Something like:

 Thomas> config BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INSTALL_TO_ROOTFS
 Thomas> 	bool "Install kernel image in rootfs"
 Thomas> 	default y if BR2_i386 || BR2_x86_64
 Thomas> 	help
 Thomas> 	  Copy the generated kernel image to the /boot directory
 Thomas> 	  in the root filesystem

Ahh, for non-uImage stuff - Yes, that's fine.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard