[Buildroot] booting JFFS2 or UBIFS created with buildroot

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:53:59 UTC 2011

Dear Thomas:

I am currently using the default from buildroot for the Freescale
MPC8323ERDB reference board but have included it as an attachment.

As I think about this, it may be my problem is that I am using a u-boot.bin
from OpenEmbedded. What is really happening here is that I am trying to
"wean" my group from OpenEmbedded and onto buildroot. It is probable that no
mtd support is compiled into the u-boot I currently have on my MPC8323ERDB.
So, ... I am compiling a u-boot.bin from within buildroot right now and will
attempt to tftp it onto the board. Normally I try to use my BDI for this,
but am home working today (Presidents Day) so if I fubar the incantations
for updating u-boot, I am done until I get to my office tomorrow.

Charles