[Buildroot] build python failed

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Feb 21 08:41:23 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Marco" == Marco  <chopin1998 at gmail.com> writes:

 Marco> Hi, All

 Marco>     my buildroot has git pulled, and my target is at91sam9260. I
 Marco> choose python package via make menuconfig, but make failed:

 Marco>     In file included from Include/Python.h:86,
 Marco>                      from ./Modules/python.c:4:
 Marco>     Include/unicodeobject.h:575: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration
 Marco>     of 'wchar_t'

It doesn't find the wchar_t type.

Python does depend on wchar support in the toolchain, so you probably
have done a build without wchar, and then gone and added wchar support
and python without doing a clean rebuild.

For this kind of toolchain changes you need to do make clean; make.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard