[Buildroot] Buildroot 2011.11 on x86_64 - neither udev nor mdev loads needed modules at startup

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 15:50:18 UTC 2011

While not a solution...

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anyway the reason why the modules are not loaded automatically is still
> unclear :-(.

When I started using buildroot for my devices, I found the same problem.
However, since this is a dedicated device, the amount of hardware that can
be plugged in is rather small... so I "modprobed" the needed modules (2-3)
and continued.

How are modules loaded enerally, the kernel requests them from a user space
utility?