[Buildroot] Fwd: Call for presentations: Open Mobile Linux at FOSDEM 2012

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Dec 23 06:04:52 UTC 2011

Hello Arnout,

Le Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:55:18 +0100,
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> a écrit :

>  Is anyone planning to do a 15-minute talk about buildroot in the
> Open Mobile Linux devroom at FOSDEM?  If not, I'll do it because I
> think we should be there.  I'd reuse some of ThomasP's slides from
> ELC-E, of course.

I have submitted two talks for the Embedded DevRoom in FOSDEM, the two
talks I gave at ELC-E. One is about Buildroot, the other one about
using Qt for non-graphical applications. I don't know at this point if
one of them will be accept, and if so, which one will be accepted.

But regardless of this, I think it would definitely be good if you
submitted a lightning talk for this Open Mobile Linux room. However, it
looks like this room is more oriented towards "multimedia" systems
(phone, tablets, etc.) which require fairly large distributions, while
Buildroot, is IMO, more oriented towards "industrial" systems. But you
can anyway propose a 15 minutes talk to raise the attention around
Buildroot.

FWIW, I have also submitted a talk for ELC (February in the US) about
Buildroot. We'll see if it gets accepted.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons