[Buildroot] buildroot with SquashFS root file system

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Dec 14 09:01:13 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Arnout" == Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> writes:

 Arnout> On Tuesday 06 December 2011 16:20:35 Emmanuel BOUAZIZ wrote:
 >> On the PXE server, I put these kernel parameters: append vga=0x305 fbcon=scrollback:4096k initrd=rootfs.squashfs

 Arnout>  Hm, my assumption that you would only use an initramfs with a
 Arnout> cpio archive was clearly wrong.  So perhaps we should execute the
 Arnout> ROOTFS_CPIO_ADD_INIT hook unconditionally for all filesystems?

This is initrd, not initramfs (which isn't really recommended anymore).
As far as I can see, devtmpfs does get mounted for initrd's
(init/do_mounts.c:prepare_namespace()).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard