[Buildroot] USB FAT drive in Linux on MPC8321

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Dec 3 08:28:54 UTC 2011

Hello Charles,

Le Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:37:17 -0800,
Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> a écrit :

> To illustrate, here is an ls from my debian laptop followed by an ls
> of the same USB drive from the MPC8321 target illustrating the issues.

Presumably your kernel has CONFIG_FAT_FS enabled, but not
CONFIG_VFAT_FS enabled. The latter is the one that enables long file
name support.

Can you provide your kernel .config and give details on your kernel
version (vanilla version, version modified by an hardware vendor,
etc.) ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons