[Buildroot] Login of Buildroot

Alexjan Carraturo axjslack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 09:06:08 UTC 2011

2011/8/24 Diego Iastrubni <diegoiast at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Alexjan Carraturo <axjslack at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> What happens if you remove "securetty"? Do you have the correct /dev/*
>>> files? (for example /dev/tty)
>
>> What do you mean with "remove securetty"; do you mean remove my tty
>> from file, or remove the file "securetty"?
> rm -f /dev/securetty

Sorry, may be I'm not clear enough. securetty it's a file on /etc, and
specify the tty where is possible to do a root login.

>> The correct tty is present (/dev/ttyAMA0) and seems to have right
>> permissions (crw-rw-rw).
> ls -l /dev/ttyAMA0
> ls -l /dev/tty

the same:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 204, 64  6 mag 15.45 ttyAMA0
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4, 1  6 mag 15.45 tty1

> (passwd+login use the later one)

Normally there is no way to login, so I can execute command. Only in
single mode. I have already tried to do this, and doesn't work.

What I would like to have is a system with no password, as before.
Even better if I can avoid the login and use directly root.

> Next step, is to get a working shell, and run "strace passwd".

Why do you think that may be useful?

--
Alexjan Carraturo
--