[Buildroot] Call For Participation: buildroot + crosstool-NG Developpers' Day

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Aug 15 16:03:02 UTC 2011

Hello All!

As was the case the two previous years, Buildroot developpers will be
meetting again for a full day, the day after ELC-E. This year however,
the developers' day extends to crosstool-NG developpers as well.

This will be the fifth Buildroot Developpers Day (two at ELC-E, and two
at FOSDEM). All previous editions were really interesting, and meeting IRL
really helped find interesting solutions to the many problems buildroot
addresses. Hopefully, this one will be as good as the previous ones, and
will be beneficial to both projects!

The meeting will take place in Prague, Czech Republic, October the 29th,
2011, the day after ELC-E 2011. The exact location is as yet unknown, but
we'll be sure to keep you informed when it is.

Here is a preliminary planning for the day (all local time):

- Morning: shared session, both projects together
  - 09:00 - 09:30
    - waking coffee
  - 09:30 - 12:00
    - tentative time-line to finalise the crosstool-NG backend
      integration in buildroot: what's in, what's left.
    - the shared problems: patchsets...
  - 12:00 - 13:00
    - lunch break

- Afternoon: separate sessions, each projects on their own;
  if needed, interaction is welcome nonetheless! :-)

  buildroot:
  - 13:00 - ..:..
    - the planning for the buildroot afternoon session will be
      sent at a later time

  crosstool-NG:
  - 13:00 - ..:..
    - state of the project
      - administrativa, ressources, code...
    - planning forward:
      - canadian rewrite, companion libraries, infrastructure...

- Evening: both projects reunited again, dinner, party! :-)

This will be an opportunity for the two communities to keep (and get) in
touch, share our experiences, know each others, and improve ourselves.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Prague for this developers' day!

Peter KORSGAARD, buildroot
Thomas PETAZZONI, buildroot
Yann E. MORIN, crosstool-NG