[Buildroot] util-linux compile problems

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Fri Aug 12 08:28:35 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Neumann <s.neumann at raumfeld.com> writes:

 Sven> That fix seems to do the trick. But now the build fails when it tries to
 Sven> install the translations:

 Sven> Making install in po
 Sven> make[2]: Entering directory
 Sven> `/home/sven/git/buildroot/output/build/util-linux-2.19.1/po'
 Sven> /bin/sh
 Sven> @MKINSTALLDIRS@ /home/sven/git/buildroot/output/host/usr/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/sysroot/usr/share
 Sven> /bin/sh: Can't open @MKINSTALLDIRS@
 Sven> make[2]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127

Ahh, see it now. I've fixed it in git. The problem is that util-linux
use mkinstalldirs to install .po files, and it gets the definition of it
from a custom nls.m4 (based on the one from gettext). If you have
gettext enabled, then we end up using that one instead when we
autoreconf util-linux.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard