[Buildroot] Python standard library problems

Dominic Newton dominic.newton at in-2-technology.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 15:37:16 UTC 2011

Hi

Yes I'm using the native toolchain. One thing to check might be any
dependencies the modules you are trying to build - for example have you
got appropriate libraries being built before python for networking which
will get _socket built.

The easiest way to look at the setup.py output is to redirect the stdout
to a file and then inspect it, any messages regarding module builds will
be there. If python cannot build a module it won't stop, but just sends
some output to the console. It is possible to edit setup.py to output
results direct to a log file, but this can take a while to sort out.

Not sure if this is much help as this has (so far) always worked for me
out of the box for a number of targets.

Dominic Newton
In 2 Technology Ltd.