[Buildroot] Python standard library problems

Dominic Newton dominic.newton at in-2-technology.co.uk
Wed Aug 10 21:48:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

What version of gcc are you using and what is your target? I have python
fully functional on x86 and arm platforms with latest buildroot and use
all 3 modules you are having problems with.

One thing that can help is the setup.py file in the python build
directory manages the build of the compiled modules like _socket, and
the output from this file may give a clue on any missing dependencies or
include files.

Regards

Dominic Newton
In 2 Technology Ltd.