[Buildroot] Out of tree kernel sources?

Ulrich Prinz uprinz2 at netscape.net
Tue Aug 9 20:58:13 UTC 2011

Hello to the list!

Im the new guy here, restarting into buildroot again after a few years
pause.

Congrats for the big improvements that where done. Started a simple
trial for a AT91SAM9 device and it worked out of the box. Great!

But I have a question for out of tree source code for the kernel.

I know that you can call the kernels make by passing SRC1DIR= and
SRC2DIR= arguments to prefer these source code directories above the
kernels own ones. This is very comfortable as you can simply copy the to
be modified kernel code there and do whatever you want. So all your
changes collect there and you do not have to search for what you did
yesterday. And you don't have to have a clean kernel copy for diff or to
mess with gis/svn/cvs.

But I cannot find any hint if this is an option in buildroot. Have I
missed it?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Ulrich