[Buildroot] busybox network configuration

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:30:20 UTC 2011

Thank you, Will, that gets me most of the way to the place I  need to go.
With this change to /etc/network/interfaces and ifconfig shows eth0 with the
correct ipAddress and netmask on boot. A "route" shows an appropropriate
valid default gateway.

Unfortunately, ping still fails, so there must be a bit more to the recipe I
dont quite understand yet.

I do know that the interface is connected and working as I can tftp u-boot,
uImage and rootfs.jffs2 to the board and program them into the flash. The
issue seems to be that the interface cannot yet ping. I will look on the
local lan segment with ethereal next, but I wonder if you could suggest any
other things to look at and consider.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Will Moore <will.moore at beraninstruments.com

--
Charles Krinke