[Buildroot] busybox network configuration

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:15:41 UTC 2011

I have apparently forgotten the recipe to configure a network in busybox.

I have tried:
# ifconfig eth0 10.1.2.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# route add default gw 10.1.1.1 etho

But, ping doesnt seem to get out of the target board.

I also suspect there are one or more script files with things like this that
need to be set, but the busybox implementation doesnt have an
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, so they need to be in a different place, but
what is the location and name of the file?

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=XXX.XXX.XXX.255
IPADDR=*XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX*
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=*XXX.XXX.XXX.0*
ONBOOT=yes

Can someone please help my naivety a little bit with busybox, please?

--
Charles Krinke