[Buildroot] devmem2

David Anders dave123_aml at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 13:24:52 UTC 2011

Peter,

the primary commit that makes the devmem applet unusable for most debugging is this one:

commit 043246560fcd5bb7bfb2caa2db270c3c0e8e06f4
Author: Denis Vlasenko <vda.linux at googlemail.com>
Date:   Sun Oct 26 17:26:55 2008 +0000

    devmem: make it more script-friendly; don't do any reads
     and output nothing if writing was requested. -100 bytes

for board bring up and general development, for which devmem is primarily used, having devmem report the value before the write is important, as well as reporting the value after the write.

Dave