[Buildroot] which templates are used?

Michael J. Hammel buildroot at graphics-muse.org
Mon Apr 11 23:34:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 23:14 +0200, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> Buildroot has a quirk: the rootfs skeleton is copied to the target dir
> only once(!). If you change any files in ./fs/skeleton (or your custom
> path) you have to do "make clean" and start over (or hack the
> Makefile, around line 420...).

I've been copying the skeleton to the "customize" package (re:
package/customize/source), removing output/build/.root and rerunning the
make.  I think this will recopy the skeleton I updated before generating
the fs image, but without having to recompile everything.  You just have
to have the customize package enabled.

I say this with only modest confidence - I don't remember checking if it
*actually* ran the custom package build again but I was pretty sure it
did.  That was how I was picking up skeleton changes from my build
system.

--
Michael J. Hammel <buildroot at graphics-muse.org>