[Buildroot] [HALd] Slow startup (>4min.)

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Apr 5 19:57:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:23:07 +0200
Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:

> I am using for this compilation BR snapshoot from 2011-03-30.
> 	I was struggling with hald slow startup for few past days and
> wasn't able to find out any answer in my favourite search engine ;).
> HAL startup takes exactly 4 minutes and 10 seconds on x86 target. HAL
> doesn't write out any info during startup
> 	Maybe someone here already have ready answer - what am I
> missing to start HAL quickly?

Could you run it through strace to see what's going on ?

However, notice that HAL is deprecated these days. For what usage do
you need HAL ?

I'm currently packaging udisks and all related dependencies, so that
signalisation of block device events can be propagated on D-Bus.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons