[Buildroot] "make menuconfig" possibly broken in git master

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Sep 25 14:59:29 UTC 2010

 Bjørn> 2010/9/25 Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org>:

 >>  Bjørn> Hi all,
 >>  Bjørn> My buildroot git master tree fails to "make menuconfig" because of
 >>  Bjørn> "zconf.tab.c:181: error: conflicting types for ‘symbol_hash’":
 >>
 >> Strange - Could you try the the same with a recent linux kernel
 >> (E.G. 2.6.36-rc5)?

 Bjørn> As the commands "make distclean && make defconfig/menuconfig" fail
 Bjørn> I don't know how to specify another kernel version. So I assume you mean
 Bjørn> the kernel on build host. I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 and the last time I tried my
 Bjørn> own kernel on a Ubuntu system it barely booted. So no, I dare not try a
 Bjørn> recent kernel just yet :-)

No, I actually meant go and download a Linux kernel tarball (E.G. from
kernel.org), extract it and run make menuconfig. The menuconfig stuff in
buildroot comes from the Linux kernel.

But looking at Lionel's mail it seems to be an issue about certain files
not getting rebuilt. Could you do a fresh git clone and try in that dir
or alternatively run make O=output2 menuconfig?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard