[Buildroot] e2fsck crashes

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 23 18:19:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:45:00 -0400
Marc Leclerc <marc-leclerc at signaturealpha.com> wrote:

> Every attemps to include e2fsprogs on my target results in the utilities
> crashing with a segfault.
>
> Sep 23 01:39:39 sa_linux user.info kernel: e2fsck[987]: segfault at 20
> ip b77316b8 sp bf968534 error 4
> Sep 23 01:39:39 sa_linux user.info kernel:  in
> libuClibc-0.9.31.so[b7727000+43000]
>
> Any idea why

No, not really.

Some suggestions :

 *) Try to use the latest available version of e2fsprogs (latest stable
    version, and if possible, latest Git/SVN version)

 *) Compile it with debugging symbols enabled to see where the crash
    occurs.

 *) Report the bug to the e2fsprogs developers.

On which architecture are you seeing this ?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons