[Buildroot] Building fw_printenv (u-boot utility) for target?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Sep 22 20:35:50 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Grant> I want fw_printenv on my target, and it would be convenient if
 Grant> buildroot built it and set up the relvent links.  But, AFAICT, I can't
 Grant> have buildroot build the fw_printenv utility without having it do a
 Grant> complete build of U-Boot.  I don't have any need/desire for buildroot
 Grant> to build the bootloader itself, I only need the fw_printenv linux app
 Grant> for the target.  Is that possible with buildroot?

Currently not, is it a big deal to build u-boot as well?
The reason for this is mainly that fw_printenv isn't available
seperately, so we would need to double quite a lot of the u-boot
handling if we were to move it to a seperate package, and they are most
of the time used together.

 Grant> Or should I just build fw_printenv separately and stick it into the
 Grant> filesystem using the custom package?

That's naturally an option as well.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard