[Buildroot] Introduction of mpd into buildroot ?

Yoann Sculo yoann.sculo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 12:45:49 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been following buildroot mailing list for a while.
Now I'm interested in contributing and submitting some patches for
applications I've been working on.
Has someone ever tried to introduce mpd (the daemon one, not the library)
into buildroot ?

I've successfully built mpd for arm920t and think it could be interesting to
introduce this package.

First, I'd like to have your opinion about pkg-config files. libmad-0.15.1
for example doesn't provide the small file mad.pc
This is surprising, It does'nt seem to be distributed with libmad sources.
The probem is I need actually this file to compile mpd. Adding it manually,
works fine.

So I would be inclined to create a patch into package/multimedia/libmad to
add this file during mpd installation. Is it the better way to do this ?

Well, if mpd has never been added into buildroot I'm interested to work on
it.

Thanks

Yoann Sculo