[Buildroot] Problem running program compiled with the toolchain

Marcus Osdoba marcus.osdoba at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 17 17:29:50 UTC 2010

  Am 16.09.2010 22:07, schrieb Marc Leclerc:

> I have built an x86 embedded system using buildroot 2010.08. I have been
> trying a few lib&  compiler version trying to find the problem without
> success then I added gdb to the target to see if I could get more info
>
> This app starts on my host and is recognized
> The demos do start as well

Hi Marc,
How did you install the application for your target? By a user defined
package in parallel to all others in package/*?
It sound like you have build your application on and for your host -
which might be a differtent architecture than that of your target (i386
<> x64). Integrating your application like all other packages in the
user land directory and booting the generated rootfs, should run your
application - at least the simple example you gave ;-)

Regards,
Marcus