[Buildroot] Build error "cannot find -lc"

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Sep 13 21:19:14 UTC 2010

 Thomas> Hello,
 Thomas> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:37:22 +0900
 Thomas> S W <sw18 at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:

 >> I checked the /lib and /usr/lib, but I couldn't find
 >> glibc.a file.
 >> So I did "yum install glibc-static" to install the libc.a file.
 >> Now it is OK with this problem.

 Thomas> Ok, thanks.

 Thomas> Peter, what can we do about this ? Should we enforce the fact that
 Thomas> glibc-static is installed globally ? Or just if host-module-init-tools
 Thomas> is going to be compiled ?

Globally I would say. host-module-init-tools probably isn't the only
package that might want to link something statically.

Perhaps we could simply try to compile (statically) && run something
like:

int main(void) { return 0; }

in dependencies.mk and error out if it fails.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard