[Buildroot] gdb and external toolchain

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Mon Sep 13 13:30:31 UTC 2010

  Hello,

I'm using an external toolchain and want to get gdbserver onto my
target. I've seen the patch by Thomas that says that gdb host and
gdbserver should be provided by the external toolchain and I have set
crosstools-ng to build them both.

The question I have is is there any mechanism to copy the gdbserver
executable built with crosstools into the target directory. I can't find
anything that should be doing this. I can just copy the file over
manually but was thinking I should add support for this to buildroot.
Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA