[Buildroot] Access usb devices from buildroot

Santi López lopezsanti99 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 06:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have a doubt about the usb devices under buildroot.

I’m working with the last release, the ‘2010.08’. I successfully created an
image under the cramfs format.

I’m able to boot with this image using the same kernel that use my host
machine, a complete kernel from the distribution.

I’m using an usb stick. I can boot without any problem.

But I can’t mount this usb stick for see other partitions or another stick
in other usb port.

The /var/log/messages don’t reflect any change when I connect a new usb
stick.

At boot time, the original usb stick is detected as /dev/sda1, but, once in
the console, I can’t mount this unit.

I forget something in the buildroot configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Santi López.