[Buildroot] mdev handling

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 9 10:19:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:01:52 +0200
Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> But the creation of an init.d script is still worth implementing?
>
> I'd suggest to make an option "Target filesystem options"->"Device
> creation" and then
>  "Target filesystem options"->"Device creation"->"static" and as
> suboption "device table file"
>  "Target filesystem options"->"Device creation"->"dynmic" and as
> suboptions "udev" and "mdev"
>  and then something with hotplugging

Here is what I have on my personal TODO list:

 "Add an option to select the creation mode of device files :

   * Static with a device table
   * Using devtmfs
   * Using mdev
   * Using udev
 "

Of course, if someone wants to remove an item from my TODO list, that'd
be very nice !

Cheers,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons