[Buildroot] About Git through SSH

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Sep 3 13:04:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:30:54 -0500
"Michael S. Zick" <minimod at morethan.org> wrote:

> Yup.
> Please supply git version number(s).

Just the normal Git from the latest Ubuntu, i.e:

$ git --version
git version 1.7.0.4

> Any additional patches or local changes / customizations to your git
> client?

No, nothing. I think as soon as your user has write access to the remote
location through SSH, git just works.

However, as I said:

> > As far as I see, Gitolite introduces per-branch or per-tag
> > permissions, but plain Git already allows per-repository
> > permissions. No ?

Maybe that's what you're looking for and which is not supported by
standard git.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons