[Buildroot] Is there any chance to compile old buildroot on new distro

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Oct 28 12:14:45 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Sasha" == Sasha Yohananov <yohananov at gmail.com> writes:

 Sasha> Dear buildroot experts,

 Sasha> For about 2 years I work on some commercial project (access control) based on
 Sasha> buildroot-2008.11.

There's never been a 2008.11 release, I guess you mean 2009.11?

scripts/unifdef.c:209: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
/usr/include/stdio.h:673: note: previous declaration of 'getline' was here
make[2]: *** [scripts/unifdef] Error 1
make[1]: *** [__headers] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sasha/work/3rdparty/buildroot/toolchain_build_arm/linux-2.6.27.7'

You'll need a fix for your kernel headers. The easiest is probably to
download 2010.02 and take the
toolchain/kernel-headers/linux-2.6.26.8-unifdef-getline.patch and copy
it to the same directory in your tree (but adjust the kernel version).

You might need the similar patch for uclibc as well.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard