[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] toolchain: do not require full path

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Oct 17 22:34:52 UTC 2010

On Sunday, October 17, 2010 07:37:57 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
>>Mike Frysinger writes:
>> On Saturday, October 16, 2010 17:14:20 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
>>> Thanks, but please don't commit to the buildroot tree directly. We use
>>> a setup like the kernel, so send patches/pull requests like everyone
>>> else.
>>
>> np.  there didnt seem to be any developer documentation that
>> explained this, nor did people comment on my patches.
>
> I'm doing my best, but I know there's quite a backlog at the moment. If
> you follow the list you will see me commenting on patching and
> committing several times a week though.

i merely highlighted the logic behind my actions.  i didnt say "you must fix
this right now!".

> Regarding documentation, http://buildroot.net/git.html does state:
>
> Because you've only been granted anonymous access to the tree, you won't
> be able to commit any changes. Changes can be submitted for inclusion by
> posting them to the buildroot mailing list or to the Bug and Patch
> Tracking System.

"can" is not the same thing as "must", plus that applies to "anonymous
access".  neither of which i am restricted by (otherwise my push would have
been rejected).

maybe my admin state on the box implicitly grants me the permissions today,
although i was a large buildroot developer in the past before you took over.
-mike