[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] toolchain: do not require full path

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Oct 17 11:37:57 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> writes:

Hi,

 Mike> On Saturday, October 16, 2010 17:14:20 Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> Thanks, but please don't commit to the buildroot tree directly. We use a
 >> setup like the kernel, so send patches/pull requests like everyone else.

 Mike> np.  there didnt seem to be any developer documentation that
 Mike> explained this, nor did people comment on my patches.

I'm doing my best, but I know there's quite a backlog at the moment. If
you follow the list you will see me commenting on patching and
committing several times a week though.

Regarding documentation, http://buildroot.net/git.html does state:

Because you've only been granted anonymous access to the tree, you won't
be able to commit any changes. Changes can be submitted for inclusion by
posting them to the buildroot mailing list or to the Bug and Patch
Tracking System.

Which I agree could be clearer.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard